FREE delivery in the contiguous US!
Frequently Asked Questions
Product Q & A
- How much of the POLYWOOD® plastic lumber is recycled?
- The majority of HDPE we use is recycled post-consumer and post-industrial plastics. We process these materials at our on-site facility to further reduce environmental impact, and 99% of all scrap material is reused. Learn more about our recycling process.
- Does POLYWOOD material contain wood or natural fibers?
- Genuine POLYWOOD lumber is made from HDPE (High-Density Polyethylene) and does not contain wood or any natural fibers. Learn more about our materials.
- What is HDPE?
- HDPE stands for High-Density Polyethylene, which is an exceptionally durable plastic that has infinite recyclability. Learn more about HDPE.
- Does the color of POLYWOOD lumber run all the way through the material?
- Yes, our light-stable pigments along with UV inhibitors and stabilizers run continuously throughout the material and protect our lumber from harmful environmental degradation. No painting or waterproofing required!
- How much do POLYWOOD chairs weigh?
- The weight of each chair varies based on the size and shape, but they average 30-50 lbs each. All POLYWOOD Furniture is built to withstand the harshest weather — each piece can be easily moved with 1-2 people yet it’s heavy-duty and durable enough so you won't have to worry about your furniture blowing away in strong winds.
- What is the weight capacity of POLYWOOD chairs?
- Each product is run through a variety of tests to comply with ASTM standards. POLYWOOD chairs are weight tested up to 350 lbs, although many products can withstand much more.
- Does POLYWOOD material fade?
- Genuine POLYWOOD lumber contains UV-inhibiting pigment systems that limit fading.
- Can I paint my POLYWOOD furniture?
- POLYWOOD lumber colors run continuously throughout the material, so no painting is required. We do not recommend painting your POLYWOOD furniture as this will void the warranty.
- Can POLYWOOD material be sanded?
- POLYWOOD lumber should not be sanded as it will scratch the surface of the material and void the warranty.
- Can I keep my POLYWOOD furniture out all year-round?
- Yes, our all-weather material is built to withstand all four seasons and a range of climates including hot sun, snowy winters, salt spray, and heavy winds. However, covering your furniture will make seasonal cleaning easier while also prolonging the life of your furniture. We recommend https://coverstore.com/.
- How do I clean POLYWOOD furniture? Can I power wash my furniture?
- Yes, a high-pressure power washer (not to exceed 1,500 psi) can be used to deep clean POLYWOOD furniture. If you don’t have a power washer on hand, POLYWOOD lumber is very low maintenance and easy to clean with soap, water, and a soft bristle brush. Learn more about our Care & Maintenance Tips.
- Does POLYWOOD furniture have a warranty?
- Yes, we believe in our product, and stand behind its quality and durability with an exceptional warranty. For details, see the full POLYWOOD warranty.
- Where can I find the serial number for my POLYWOOD furniture?
- POLYWOOD furniture includes a sticker with the serial number located on the bottom of each piece. POLYWOOD cushions also include serial numbers which are located on the tag. Watch this short video to locate the serial number on your product.
- What type of hardware is used in POLYWOOD furniture?
- For optimal performance and longevity, we use high-performance marine-grade quality hardware for the assembly and construction of all POLYWOOD furniture.
- Is assembly required?
- POLYWOOD® furniture is designed to require minimal assembly. Some models even unfold right out of the box with no assembly necessary. Those that require assembly often take less than 30 minutes to complete and include basic tools with simple instructions. For assembly assistance, check out our Assembly Tips Page.
- What are POLYWOOD cushions made from?
- For the best year-round performance in outdoor settings, POLYWOOD cushions are quick-drying, durable cushions covered in all-weather, high-performance fabric that resists weather, salt, sun, mold, and mildew. Learn more about our cushion materials.
- Are there cleaning recommendations for POLYWOOD cushions?
- POLYWOOD cushions are designed to be quick and easy to clean. For more information, please see our Care & Maintenance Tips.
- Do POLYWOOD seat cushions have ties to attach them to the furniture?
- Our seat cushions that are custom-made for our Adirondack chairs, chaise lounges, rocking chairs, swings, gliders, dining chairs, and benches with backs include ties that allow them to be securely attached to each coordinating seat.
- Can I order a different color combination for deep seating sets than is shown online?
- You can pick different color combinations for our existing deep seating frames and cushions using the fabric and lumber options we offer. For custom orders and lead time information, please reach out to our Customer Experience Team.
- Do you recommend covering POLYWOOD furniture?
- Since POLYWOOD furniture is all-weather, it does not require a cover. However, covering your furniture will make seasonal cleaning easier while also prolonging the life of your furniture. We recommend https://coverstore.com/.
- Can I use POLYWOOD furniture on the shallow ledge of my pool?
- You can use our furniture on the tanning ledge of your pool, but we suggest taking it out of the chemically treated water when finished and rinsing the furniture with fresh water.
- Is it possible to clean and sanitize POLYWOOD furniture?
- It is! To clean and sanitize your furniture, mix mild dish soap, a little bleach, and warm water in a bucket. Apply the solution to the lumber and let it soak for a few minutes, then scrub all surfaces with a soft-bristle brush. Finish up with a quick rinse from your garden hose and let your furniture air-dry.
If you're seeking a natural alternative to bleach, try undistilled white vinegar. For more cleaning tips, visit our Care & Maintenance page.
- Should I remove the plastic film from my POLYWOOD medallions?
- Yes. Once your furniture is assembled, peel the plastic film off all POLYWOOD medallions. The film protects the medallion during transit and assembly but should be removed afterward. Otherwise, UV exposure will cause the film to degrade, which can prematurely age the metal medallion beneath it.
Service Q & A
- Do you ship to Alaska and Hawaii, or outside the U.S.?
- Yes! Please Contact Us for more information.
- Is there a minimum order to qualify for Free Shipping?
- There is no minimum order to qualify for free shipping to any of the 48 lower contiguous United States. However, some exceptions apply.
- Do you charge Sales Tax?
- As required by law, sales tax is determined by the state in which your order is being shipped. If applicable, sales tax will be added to your order total at checkout.
- What is your return policy?
- Please see our Return Policy.
- How can I initiate a return?
- Please submit our return request form.
- Do you offer material samples?
- Yes, we do! You can purchase material samples here.
- How can I cancel my order?
- Please Contact Us for assistance.
- How long will it take to ship my order?
- Quick Ship items ship in 5-7 business days. Other items ship in 8-12 business days. A cart with mixed lead time items will ship at the longer lead time. Transit times will vary depending on your delivery location. For PW Designer Series, you'll find the shipping times on the product page and in your cart.
- Where can I check the status of my order?
- You can check on the status of your order by visiting the Order Status page.
- Where can I submit a warranty claim?
- Please submit our warranty request form. For ease of warranty service, please be prepared to submit the serial number and photos of your POLYWOOD furniture.
- Where can I see POLYWOOD furniture in person?
- Please visit the POLYWOOD Showroom Locator to find a specialty patio dealer near you.
- I work for an interior design company. How can I get set up to purchase POLYWOOD furniture for my clients?
- Please see our POLYWOOD Professional Designer Program page.
- I work for a commercial business and would like to purchase furniture for it. How can I get set up for a Trade account?
- Please contact our Customer Service Team for more information.
- Who do I contact for a donation for my business/organization/group/team/etc.?
- Please fill out our Corporate Giving Form for any donation request.
- What Is The PW Designer Series White Glove Experience?
- We’re partnering with white-glove delivery providers who will assemble your furniture, place it in your preferred space, and remove all packaging. All that’s left for you to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy.
- What is Bolt checkout?
- Bolt is our checkout partner that helps us offer a faster, more secure shopping experience. Once you create a Bolt account, you’ll unlock access to One-Click Checkout and easier login.
- How do I create a Bolt account?
- While adding your shipping and billing info, you’ll see a checked box that indicates your information’s been saved. Bolt will send a verification code to your phone or email to verify your info.
The next time you check out, you won’t need a password or to fill out any fields, allowing you to finish the purchase in seconds.
- What does Bolt offer?
- Bolt is pleased to offer:
* Fast & secure One-Click Checkout.
* A simpler login experience through text verification. No more pesky passwords needed.
* Encrypted account protection so you can shop with peace of mind.
* One account used across the Bolt Network, so you can shop seamlessly across hundreds of brands.
- How can I check out using my Bolt account?
- When you’re ready to check out, all you’ll need to do is enter the verification code sent to your phone or email. This code allows us to offer a secure, One-Click Checkout experience and replaces your account password.
- Can I still checkout as a guest?
- Yes! Guest checkout is always available. You do not need an account to check out, simply click “continue as guest” during checkout.
- How is my data kept secure with Bolt?
- Shoppers’ trust and safety are important to us. By creating an account, Bolt ensures that shoppers’ personal details are secure. Learn more about how Bolt provides shopping with peace of mind at bolt.com/security.
- How do I learn more about Bolt?
- Head to Bolt at bolt.com/shopper.