There’s nothing quite like sitting on your porch, patio, or deck in the fall and watching the leaves change with a delicious drink in hand. But don’t settle for the same ol’ drink you always turn to. Spice things up and concoct one of our fall-inspired cocktails — or mocktails — that’ll definitely get you in a festive mood!
Fall Alcoholic Drinks
Whether you want a tasty treat to spice up your holiday party or need something stiff to get you through Thanksgiving with the in-laws, these fall cocktails will get the job done. Check out some of our favorite fall cocktail recipes below.
1 — Pumpkin Spice White Russian
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1½ oz pumpkin spice creamer
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tbsp crushed graham crackers
- 1 oz caramel syrup
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- To make the rim, place the crushed graham crackers and pumpkin pie spice on a plate and mix the two ingredients together. Rub the rim of the glass with caramel syrup and then dip it into the mixture, coating the edge of the glass.
- To make the cocktail, fill a glass with ice and pour in the vodka and Kahlua. Top with pumpkin spice creamer and a dash of pumpkin pie spice, then garnish with a cinnamon stick.
2 — Apple Pie a la Mode
An apple pie a la mode is one of the best warm fall drinks to cap off your holiday party or Thanksgiving dinner. As the name suggests, it tastes like you’re drinking a warm, caramelized apple pie — but with a strong buzz!
- 1 oz 100 proof bourbon
- ½ oz Licor 43
- 5 oz cloudy apple cider
- Vanilla ice cream
- Pour the bourbon, Licor 43, and apple cider into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the mixture gets hot, take it off the stove and pour it into a heatproof glass.
- For extra indulgence, top off your hot fall drink with a scoop of ice cream.
3 — Caramel Irish Coffee
You can’t go wrong with an Irish coffee to stay warm and boozy. But if you want to add more festive flavor to this classic hot drink, try this fall cocktail recipe. Be sure to use high-quality coffee beans and a brewing method such as a French press or AeroPress to get the most out of your coffee.
- 8 oz coffee
- 1 Tbsp caramel syrup
- 1 oz Irish whiskey
- Vanilla ice cream
- Kosher salt
- Pour coffee into a mug or heatproof glass.
- Pour caramel syrup and whiskey into your mug. Stir together.
- Top your drink with a scoop of ice cream, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of caramel syrup.
Fall Non-Alcoholic Drinks
If you want to whip up a seasonal mocktail for the kiddos or those who prefer not to imbibe, there are plenty of delicious fall drinks you can make without using a drop of alcohol. Give one of these fall drink recipes a try!
1 — Gingered Hot Cider
When it comes to fall drinks, it doesn’t get more classic than hot cider. But there’s a twist on this time-honored drink that gives it an extra kick: ginger.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients into a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
2 — Hot Not Toddy
The hot toddy is a go-to drink on those cold evenings. Sometimes though, you just want a warm, soothing drink without the extra kick. That’s when you can turn to this non-alcoholic version. Best of all, there are only four ingredients!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pour water into a kettle or pot and set heat to boil.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice one of those halves.
- Add lemon juice, cinnamon, and honey to the boiling water.
- Take the kettle off the stove and let it cool down.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
3 — Cinnamon Roll Iced Coffee
Maybe you live in a place that doesn’t get cold in the fall. If that’s the case, an iced coffee makes a perfect drink for those warmer fall days. Here’s a cold fall-themed beverage that’s sure to delight the whole family.
- 12 oz vanilla iced coffee
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp maple extract
- Whipped cream
- Caramel syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Pour vanilla iced coffee into a glass or mug.
- Mix in cinnamon and maple extract.
- Add ice.
- Top with whipped cream, caramel syrup, and chocolate chips.
Which of these fall drink recipes are you excited to try? Let us know in the comments below!