The Complete Guide to Buying an Adirondack Chair

Since its invention in the early 1900s by Thomas Lee, the Adirondack chair has been a feature on patios, decks, and porches around the world. Originally known as the Westport chair, the modern Adirondack chair’s heritage can be traced back to 1938, when Irving Wolpin designed the contoured back and seat that makes this chair so comfortable to use. When it comes to choosing the … Continue reading The Complete Guide to Buying an Adirondack Chair

24 Small Backyard Ideas to Transform Your Space

Being outside is good for the mind, body, and soul. But did you know most of us spend over 90% of our time indoors? Perhaps it’s because we lack an outdoor space that entices us to relax, especially those of us with tiny backyards. Thankfully, no matter how small your backyard is, it’s possible to transform it into a cozy oasis. With a few clever … Continue reading 24 Small Backyard Ideas to Transform Your Space

The Ultimate Guide to Backyard Camping with Your Kids

8 Kid-Friendly Backyard Camping Ideas If you’re reading this, you must be on a mission to make some fantastic memories with your little loved ones. You already know you don’t have to go far to have fun, but you want to better utilize your outdoor spaces and make these memories extra special for them—and yourself.  We’re totally here for all of the above, so we’re … Continue reading The Ultimate Guide to Backyard Camping with Your Kids

13 Backyard Ideas for Dogs That Get Two Paws Up

Did you know that some dogs need more than two hours of exercise every day? Even if your furry friend doesn’t require much movement, they probably enjoy getting out, stretching all four legs, and spending lots of time in your backyard.  It can be hard to come up with new ideas to keep pets stimulated, and many dog owners struggle to think of new and … Continue reading 13 Backyard Ideas for Dogs That Get Two Paws Up

How to Keep Mosquitos Away From Your Outdoor Space

If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that mosquitos are party-crashing pests. However, it’s important to remember that they’re an important part of the food chain. Mosquitos feed larger animals like birds, spiders, bats, and frogs. Eliminating the mosquito population entirely would put the natural ecosystem off balance, and that’s not good for our planet.  So we need to find mosquito-repelling approaches … Continue reading How to Keep Mosquitos Away From Your Outdoor Space

Cat lounging on outdoor furniture

How to Keep Cats off Outdoor Furniture

Did you know that more than 25% of households in the United States alone have at least one cat as a pet? Both cuddly and cute, cats can be great to have around the house, but it can be problematic when they climb on your patio furniture.  Keeping cats off outdoor furniture can be a challenge at first, but there are plenty of tried-and-true ways … Continue reading How to Keep Cats off Outdoor Furniture

Styling a Side Table Succulent Breakfast

How to Style a Side Table

When it comes to picking outdoor furniture, coffee tables get a lot of attention. But let’s not forget about the unsung heroes of outdoor living: side tables. We’ve come up with side table decorating and styling ideas that will instantly upgrade your porch or patio. Jump to Section Styling a Side Table Styling a Side Table with Other Furniture Styling Side Tables in Different Rooms … Continue reading How to Style a Side Table

Tidy Garden Storage and Work Space

24 Garden Storage Ideas For a Tidy Workspace

Does it feel like there’s always something to tidy up or put away in your outside space, no matter how big or small it is? Clutter seems to gather when gardening, entertaining, or even watering your hanging plants. Wouldn’t it be nice to store all your garden clutter in a way that keeps everything you need right at hand, without the clutter? Keep reading and … Continue reading 24 Garden Storage Ideas For a Tidy Workspace

Man Watering Lawn

9 Tips for How to Conserve Water in Your Garden or Lawn

Did you know that less than 1% of the planet’s water is usable? Saltwater and water trapped in glaciers make up the other 99%. On top of that, Earth’s drinkable water supply is finite, and 40 out of 50 U.S. states expect water shortages within the next decade.  Watering your lawn for 20 minutes once per week uses as much water as taking 800 showers, … Continue reading 9 Tips for How to Conserve Water in Your Garden or Lawn

Family Backyard Birthday Party

10 Fun and Creative Backyard Birthday Party Ideas

Whether you’re planning a birthday bash for yourself or a little one, these creative backyard party ideas will be something your friends and family won’t stop raving about (at least until next year).  Sure, there’s lots to plan, lots to buy…but with some planning and prep work, it’s all fun in the sun.  Party Themes for Kids There’s something to be said for the classic … Continue reading 10 Fun and Creative Backyard Birthday Party Ideas