Originally Published on May 16, 2023. Last Updated on July 13, 2023.
This summer, we’re looking to Mother Nature for fresh ways to style outdoor spaces. And lucky for us, our country is home to some of her finest features. Enjoy these patio designs and palettes that pay homage to eight of our favorite national parks across the US, from sea to shining sea. We hope you leave it (this article) better (and more inspired) than you found it.
1. Joshua Tree National Park
- EDGE 7-Piece Dining Set in Sand
- 9′ Tilt Market Umbrella & Base in White/Spa
- Traditional Garden 16″ Planter in White
- Nautical 3-Piece Chaise Set in Sand
- Seat Cushion – 16.5″D x 17.5″W x 2.5″H in Chartreuse Boucle
- Chaise Cushion in Cabana Stripe Dune Burlap
Famed for its sandy expanses, sculptural rock formations, and namesake tree (fun fact, it’s actually an agave), California’s Joshua Tree National Park’s surreal scenery embodies the wild American West. To echo this dreamy desert aesthetic, think modern clean lines and creamy sand hues paired with cacti-colored cushions and a sky-blue umbrella. If you have more square footage to work with, look to nearby Palm Springs for inspo. We think chaise lounges and striped cushions beautifully evoke the resort town’s relaxed-retro vibes.
2. Redwood National Park
- 16” Outdoor Throw Pillow in Chartreuse Boucle
- Vineyard 5-Piece Round Bar Set in Teak
- Vineyard 3-Piece Curveback Adirondack Set in Green
An enchanting forest of epic proportions, this beloved park in Northern California is home to some of the world’s tallest trees. Celebrate this natural grandeur with bar-height dining furniture and higher-than-average Adirondacks in a palette of warm browns and forest greens. Add a few mushroom sculptures and lichen-hued accents to complete your whimsical-woodsy look.
3. Denali National Park
- Outdoor Lumbar Pillow in Grey Mist
- 18″ Outdoor Throw Pillow in Glacier Spa
- Lakeside 4-Piece Deep Seating Set in Slate Grey/Natural Linen
Stretching across six million acres of the Last Frontier, Alaska’s Denali National Park calls to mind soaring, snow-kissed peaks, glassy glacial lakes, and extraordinary wildlife. Bring this fierce style to your backyard with patio furniture in a crisp, cool palette of misty grey, soft white, and icy blue. Feeling extra adventurous? Tuck a grizzly bear statue in the surrounding garden.
4. Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park
- Modern Folding Adirondack in Sunset Red, Tangerine, and Black
- 16” Outdoor Throw Pillow in Leaf Marine Indigo
- Harbour 5-Piece Conversation Set with Fire Pit Table in Black/Crimson Linen
- Traditional Garden 16″ Planter in Black
Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park boasts some of the most dramatic, ecologically diverse landscapes around: You can explore black lava fields, red-hot calderas, craggy coastlines, and tropical forests all in a day’s work. Give your patio a true glow-up with black, red, and orange furniture plus a few tropical touches. A fire pit table is also guaranteed to spark joy.
5. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Presidential 3-Piece Rocker Set in White
- 16” Outdoor Throw Pillow in Crimson Red
- Seat Cushion – 20″D x 20″W x 2.5″H in Crimson Red
Nestled within the mystical Appalachians, Great Smoky Mountains National Park earns its name from the fog that rolls gracefully over the terrain. This popular park is the nation’s most visited, but crowds arrive en masse come October when the mist-tinted mountains become a tapestry of red, yellow, and orange tones. We love how those warm hues—in the form of outdoor accents—pop against white furniture. Autumns up!
6. Yellowstone National Park
- Long Island Adirondacks in Lime, Lemon, Tangerine, and Aruba
- Round 37″ Conversation Table in Pacific Blue
Inspired by Yellowstone’s Grand Prismatic Spring, this kaleidoscopic patio palette is coming in hot. Orange, yellow, green, and aquamarine Adirondacks sit around a cobalt blue table as a nod to the iconic hydrothermal feature. (Bonus points if you put a hot tub in the mix.)
7. Acadia National Park
- Captain Folding Chair 5-Piece Dining Set with Benches in Slate Grey
- 9′ Tilt Market Umbrella & Base in White/Navy
- Seat Cushion – 16.5″D x 17.5″W x 2.5″H in Sky Blue
- 16” Outdoor Throw Pillow in Hamptons Stripe
- Pet Feeder in Slate Grey
One of Maine’s top attractions, Acadia National Park boasts photogenic lighthouses, never-ending ocean views, and dozens of mountains jutting above the rocky shores. A patio anchored in cool hues and striped patterns alludes to its coastal charm: think misty-grey furniture, sea-blue accents, and a navy umbrella. And we can’t forget about Fido: Acadia tops all of the most dog-friendly national parks lists, so add a coordinating pet feeder for your furry friends.
8. Arches National Park
Featuring the world’s densest concentration of natural stone arches (and countless other breathtaking sites), Arches National Park is a literal rock star. Let a path of sandstone pavers lead the way to this minimalist patio setup, where orange and rust tones take center stage. Tall bar furniture with soft curves offers a subtle wink to the park’s towering beauties.